Hypnosis Amsterdam Meetup - Online
Link to FetLife event
First a workshop about doing hypnosis online and offline, the differences between them and the tools.
Learn Hypnosis - In person vs online - Notes of the presentation.
The speed trance segment used Zoom, which worked quite well. I wanted to share the lesson I learned from this for posterity and maybe getting even more feedback.
- 10 minute sessions, every 15 minutes worked really well. - It was consistent, long enough to be enjoyed and short enough to have 4 in an hour.
- The natural breaks worked really well for people (4-5 minutes between the sessions).
- 2 minute warning and the countdown (before being kicked out of the room) were very helpful.
Some Zoom specific issues:
- It can happen that people are matched twice.
- The host isn't included in the breakout rooms - but can join manually.
- You have to set the number of rooms (instead of "# people per room") requiring some math.
- Do the speed trance first, then an interactive workshop when everyone is in 'super engaged mode'
Some extra feedback I got (from outside the event):
- In Zoom, let people know it's okay to add their pronoun to their nickname
- During (intense) workshops, having a "chill room" could be nice. - Organisers can ping when the demo is done.
We are definitely doing this again!